" Book Review - Cake By Nicole Reed | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Cake By Nicole Reed

CakeCake by Nicole Reed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 +++++++++++ AMAZING STARS !!!!!!!

When Nicole asked me if I wanted an ARC copy of Cake I jumped on it. I knew it would be an amazing story and she did not disappoint me at all. If you have read Nicole’s First two books Ruining You and Ruining Me you are in for a real surprise because this one is NOTHING , I repeat NOTHING like those two books. This is A totally different kind of story BUT an AMAZING one for sure.

Everyone of the characters in this book I loved. Nicole truly knows how to get you to fall in love with her characters right from the start.

Best friends Kylie and Madison were amazing together, they are the idea team of Best friend/ Sister anyone could ever want. They stood by each other through all of it.

Kylie Lord has known Trent Moss and Dray Savage since college.

Trent, the smart and kind-hearted humanitarian has had her heart from the moment they met, but someone else always has his. She has lived the last seven years in Love with Trent and not telling him how she truly felt for him. Trent has Loved her as well but only as a sister figure not as girlfriend material. She is hoping that one day he will see her as more.

Can Kylie open her heart to someone else and move on from Trent?

“The greatest tragedy for me is that I allowed my heart to die with him that day, never realizing that life is too short and, at the same time, so long, to think your love is limited."

Dray is an arrogant professional football player who happens to be Trent’s best friend and has Loved Kylie for years, but has never acted on those feelings nor has he told her. Once Dray gets an injury while playing Football, It is Trent who convinces Kylie to go to him and make sure he is ok. As Kylie and Dray spend the next 2 weeks together, things change and things get really hot and heated between them.

“Shhh,” he whispers. “Just let it happen. For so many years, we’ve drawn our battle lines and fought this war, but I’m waving the white flag.”


When Trent gets Home and finally decides he wants more with Kylie, what will happen? Will she be there with open arms for him. Can she forget all that has happened with Dray and move on with Trent?

“You make it sound so easy to get what I always wanted.”
“What?” I ask, releasing the breath I’ve been holding.
“You. You bring me to my knees. Your smile, the insecure one you only give to me. The way you smell at the base of your neck that is purely your scent. Your taste, knowing I’ll be the last man to ever know how sweet you truly are.”


This story keeps you on your toes. It is about life and finding your place in it. It is funny, it is heart breaking, it holds surprise after surprise !!!!! It will be one hell of an emotional roller coaster of a ride, BUT it will all be worth it in the end.

My life isn’t picture perfect, but my Aunt once told me, “Bad decisions always make a good story.”

Nicole thank you once again for giving us an AMAZING story with Cake!!!! You simply know how to write my dear and I LOVE your writing style and your characters!!!!

I am hoping her next Book will be about Madi, Kylie’s best friend ( HINT, HINT) !!!!!!

















View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment